Vocabulary Word Test
Here's a really quick way of testing if you've learned the meanings of the words in this section. Look at the word definitions below and see if you can remember what each word is from their definitions.
If you get stuck, you can be shown the mnemonic to reveal an image that should help you remember.
To check if you're right, or remind you if you've forgotten, click the question and it will flip to reveal the answer.
Go through the whole list to see how many words you can recall. Revisit any that you had difficulty remembering until you're confident you can recall all of them.
Back to list
Praised, especially in an excessive way
Rank in an organisation
1. Representing a number of different Christian churches 2. Promoting unity among the worlds' Christian churches
To bend one or both knees (typically in worship or sign of respect)
All the people who are involved in a church but not the clergy
1. Emblem or symbol 2. Religious image 3. An object of uncritical
of or from the sky or outside this world
Part of a monk's head left bare on the top by shaving off the hair
A group of people who have been sent somewhere to have talks
Roman catholic Church officially declaring a dead person to be a saint
1. Having a lot of trouble with something 2. Be covered or studded with something
Say, pronounce or express clearly
Careful and thoughtful for the future
1. Of a young woman - cheeky 2. Attractively small and well shaped
Intended as punishment
1. Make something physically stronger or more solid. 2. Combine a number of things into a single, more effective unit
To weaken: lacking in energy or vitality