Information Technology (IT) – Computer, internet mobile phone and satellite systems that speed up communication and the flow of information
Information used to arrive slowly but technical knowledge (information technology) has now allowed us to speed up communications.
IT services include:
- The provision and setting up of hardware (the machines and devices) and software (the programs, or sets of instructions, that run on the hardware);
- The configuring of networks (an organisation's network infrastructure typically includes its internet connectivity and internal networking between computers and other devices, such as printers);
- Mobile device management (laptops, tablets, payment terminals and mobile phones);
- Cloud computing (storage and access of information on remote computers, which guards against data loss);
- Cyber security (hardware and software that guards against attacks on systems by hackers who might steal or destroy data, or plant computer viruses.)